7 Killed In 6 New Jersey Highway Crashes This Week
Seven people have died in six different crashes this past week.
Submitted by New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer, Jeffrey Hark.
Seven people have been killed in six different crashes on New Jersey highways this past week, just as more drivers has taken to the roads as school spring breaks arrive.
All of the accidents appear to be unrelated, although two of the people died in one incident when they were thrown from their motorcycles. That accident was the second fatal crash in Upper Freehold Township within three days.
While the investigations into all six crashes continue, representatives of AAA said people should be more alert as more travelers take to the roads in the week leading up to Easter.
Here are some of the accidents that have happened over the past week:
- An Essex County teen died after crashing an allegedly stolen Jaguar XF during a police pursuit in Newark on Monday, April 3, authorities say. The fiery crash took place around 4:25 a.m. after Newark police officers allegedly saw Shakur Loyal, 18, of East Orange, “traveling at a high rate of speed” in a Jaguar XF reported stolen out of Bridgewater, the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office said Wednesday. Read more….
- A 20-year-old Cornell University student died in a two-vehicle crash on Monday, April 3 on I-80 in Knowlton, police said. Peiran “Joyce” Shi was ejected from a Mercedes Benz. Read more…
- Raymond Andreola, 28, formerly of Milltown, recently of Pittston, Pennsylvania, was killed in a Friday crash on the Garden State Parkway. The 6:03 a.m. crash happened at mile-marker 137.8 on the Garden State Parkway northbound in Cranford, when a Toyota sedan ran off the roadway, according to the state police. Read more….
- A 38-year-old New Jersey man died Thursday after he was hurt in a head-on collision on an N.J. highway, police said. Henry “Hank” Daniecki of Upper Freehold Township was driving east on Route 526 when his Dodge sport-utility vehicle was struck head-on by a westbound vehicle in the township, police said. Read more…
- Two more people were killed in a crash Sunday in Upper Freehold. Police said 46-year-old Mikalai Monak of Jamesburg and 58-year-old Michael Doney of Sayreville were killed after they were thrown from their bikes on Route 524 in Monmouth County. Read more…
- A 37-year-old New Jersey man was killed in an accident on I-78 Monday after the car slid partially under a truck, police said. Police identified Gary Sliker of Lopatcong, driving a Ford Focus, as the victim of the crash in Hunterdon County. Read more…
Also, a New Jersey State Police trooper was involved in a crash that trapped him in his car on Monday, April 3 on I-78 eastbound in Warren. Read more…
One-third of Americans are planning to take a vacation of 50 miles or more away from home during the Easter holiday period, according to Tracy Noble, AAA spokesperson.
Noble gave a big piece advice as more hit the roads: “Safety first.”
“Make sure everyone is properly restrained by a seat belt or child safety seat to prevent injury in case of a sudden stop, swerve, or collision,” she said. “Make sure any loose objects are secured in the vehicle. Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.”
Originally published here by patch.com.